- Lewis Center is a small unincorporated community in Orange Township, which is located in Delaware County.
- It is necessary to be specific when referring to Orange Township in Delaware County because there are six Orange Townships in the State of Ohio.
- Lewis Center is named after the family of William L. Lewis who donated the land for the railroad station that helped developed the area into a community around 1850.
- McCoy Sellars built the community’s first store.
- Around 1804 both Catholic and Methodist citizens started to organize in the area, the Catholic parish in the community being short-lived while the Methodists built their first church two years later in 1806.
- Like all children who reside in Orange Township, the children of Lewis Center attend school in the Olentangy School District.
- The community of Lewis Center houses Orange Township’s Township Hall.